Thursday, July 28, 2005

Off your butt..........

We all need to stop talking about what needs to be done, and start doing some of it. I'm the worst. I can't even get myself up for Church. But I'm working on it. If I can get myself to leave behind the grand ideas, and solve the little problems, I will be on my way.

But that is the hard part. We spend all this time with great dreams and ideas. How to save the world. How to feed thousands. But we don't feed the ones by us. We just dream. We have got to quit wanting to be the one who does great things for many people. Its time to start doing great things for those around us.

When the Bible tells us to take care of the poor. I don't think it means just those without nice houses or a car. Its means the poor in spirit. The poor in friends. Its time for us to help those who are poor in the things Jesus showed us are important. Its time to show love to those who don't have it. Loving those around you is the greatest gift you can give. And the beauty is, it is the gift that gives back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home