Monday, July 18, 2005

The Joy of Church

Its been too long since I have really enjoyed going to Church. But I believe I have found a church where I can do that again. And although I have only attended twice, NorthPark Church has been wonderful.

The first time we had a guest preacher who was good (especially considering he is just a member of the congregation). It was also an Hour and forty minutes long. But it passed by faster than many of the 50 minute services I have sat through. Baptisms were part of the reason it was longer than normal. There aren't many things more moving than watching a baptism.

The second time was run by the youth. The music was great. Guitar, drums, bass guitar, etc. The upbeat music adds so much to the service (the music was great at both services). There were two main things I enjoyed. First, they had a youth sing, while another one danced. It was wonderful to see creativity in worship. The second was seeing how the youth minister had everyone involved. I want the church I join to involve everyone, not just overworking a few. And this was a great example.

One other notable thing about the second worship, was no sermon. A brief testimony, but no sermon. How many churches can go through an entire normal service without a sermon? I loved it.

My next step is a 4 week welcome class lead by the pastor. And I plan on attending a meeting about helping out with the youth next Sunday at 2. I've decided that when I join a church, I want it to be one I can serve. So I need to make sure the opportunities are there.

1 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger will said...

good to hear all this. im happy that you might have found a place like we have been talking about for awhile. now if only i was going to be here a bit longer - i would come try it out with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home